Brochure Type: Europe & Britain First Class 2017
A land ablaze with vivid hues of maroon, tangerine and gold. Behold the cacophony of buzzing bazaars and the shimmering Sahara when you journey to Morocco's charming cities of Casablanca, Fez and Marrakesh. Travel to the life-giving oasis of Tinghir, brave the Todra gorge yielding dramatic visas and visit Ouarzazate, the setting for numerous famous movies, including Lawrence of Arabia and Cleopatra.
- City tour in Fez and Marrakesh
- Orientation of Rabat, Meknes, Erfoud, Ouarzazate and Casablanca
- View the Royal Palace in Rabat, the Ziz Valley in Fez, Tinghir, the Todra Gorge and Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca
- Visit Midelt, Tafilalt Oasis, Bahia Palace and Ait Ben Haddou
- 8 hot buffet breakfasts
- 5 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- 2 Regional Meal lunches
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Travel by luxury air-conditioned coach with reclining seats and an on-board restroom.
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hotel accommodation featuring twin rooms and private facilities.
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- The services of a professional Travel Director and Moroccan National Guide throughout your journey.
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (317) 736-0528 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13152966
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2017
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Casablanca||Arrive Casablanca: Welcome to the Kingdom of Morocco. Tonight meet with your travelling companions and Travel Director for a Welcome Reception.Welcome Reception|
|Day 2||Fez||Casablanca - Rabat - Meknes - Fez (2 Nights): As you travel along the coast to Rabat, your Travel Director gives a fascinating account of Morocco's history from the French invasion of 1912 until full independence was granted in 1956. Your orientation tour of the city includes the grand 17th century palace which is now a museum, and the 12th century mosque. In the imperial city of Meknes, see Bab el-Mansour, one of the most impressive monumental gateways in North Africa. Arrive later in Fez, the symbolic heart of Morocco and the country's oldest imperial city.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Fez||Fez Sightseeing: Explore the medina, one of the largest thriving medieval centres in the world, with a Local Specialist during your morning sightseeing tour of Fez, former capital of Morocco. See the royal palace and visit the fascinating dye-pits and tanneries for a Cultural Insight into this ancient practice. Spend the rest of the day seeing the sights of your choice. Shop for beautiful carpets and unique souvenirs in the bustling and fascinating bazaar. Join your companions this evening for a very special Be My Guest experience of Moroccan specialities in a traditional Riad located in the heart of the Medina.Buffet Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining|
|Day 4||Erfoud||Fez - Erfoud: Follow the old caravan trail south. Stop for a Regional Meal lunch in Midelt, a market town set in the high plains between the Middle and High Atlas mountain ranges. Continue along the palm-fringed Ziz Valley, famous for date cultivation, to the Tafilalt oasis on the edge of the Sahara Desert. Your day ends in Erfoud, where beautiful views across the shimmering Sahara have made this a popular location with filmmakers. Dine tonight at your hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Regional Meal, Dinner|
|Day 5||Dades Valley||Erfoud - Tinghir - Dades Valley: Travel west to Tinghir, one of the most beautiful oases in southern Morocco. Continue through part of the Todra Gorge and cut through the mountains for one of the most dramatic views in the country. Enjoy a Regional Meal lunch before following the route of a thousand kasbahs to the Dades Valley. Your hotel is surrounded by panoramic views of the Atlas Mountains.Buffet Breakfast, Regional Meal, Dinner|
Xaluca Dades Authentic Accommodation
|Day 6||Marrakesh||Dades Valley - Ouarzazate - Ait Ben Haddou - Marrakesh (2 Nights): Travel to Ouarzazate, the setting for a number of famous movies including Lawrence of Arabia, Cleopatra and Gladiator, and see the sights during your orientation tour. Visit UNESCO World Heritage Site Ait Ben Haddou in the High Atlas Mountains. Continue through the Tizi-n-Tichka Pass to Marrakesh - the 'Red City'. Like many other former imperial cities in Morocco, Marrakesh comprises an old fortified city - the medina - and an adjacent modern city. Marrakesh is home to Morocco's largest traditional market ('souk') where you might like to do some shopping.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 7||Marrakesh||Marrakesh Sightseeing: Visit the Bahia Palace during city orientation with your Local Specialist. See Djemaa el Fna Square in the old quarter with its palm readers, acrobats, camels and snakecharmers. The rest of the afternoon is yours to explore. Tonight you might like to experience an authentic Moroccan show.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 8||Casablanca||Marrakesh - Casablanca: This morning travel north to Casablanca. In Casablanca see the sights during your orientation including views of the magnificent Hassan II Mosque, built for the late king's 60th birthday celebrations. Join your Travel Director and companions this evening for a Farewell Dinner to celebrate a memorable holiday.Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 9||Depart Casablanca||Depart Casablanca: Say goodbye to your new-found friends at the end of your fascinating Moroccan holiday. Transfers are available. Conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- Ramadan: During daylight hours from dawn to sunset fasting takes place for Ramadan. It is observed from Friday 26 May to Sunday 25 June 2017 in Morocco. The order of sightseeing and meals may be adjusted.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class