Brochure Type: Europe & Britain First Class 2017
You're in for a 'gezellig' time in the land of all things orange. But there's far more to this little country with a lot of heart for you to enjoy. Trace the steps of the Dutch Masters, ramble through rainbow fields and explore centuries-old maritime heritage, ending your Dutch discovery with Dignie and Gina in their Groningen farmhouse.
- Enjoy a harbour cruise in Rotterdam
- Orientation of Amsterdam, Rotterdam and guided bicycle tour in Groningen
- View the John Frost Bridge in Arnhem
- Visit the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam, Aalsmeer or Keukenhof (when open), Royal Delft Pottery, a trip up Euromast Tower in Rotterdam, National Liberation Museum at Groesbeek, Hoge Veluwe Park, Kroller-Muller Museum in Zutphen, Het Loo Palace in Apeldoorm, Staphorst and Volendam
- Tickets for Keukenhof Bulb fields are included during the flowering season (April until mid-May)
- 6 hot buffet breakfasts
- 3 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (317) 736-0528 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13153116
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2017
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Amsterdam||Arrive Amsterdam (2 Nights): Welcome to Amsterdam. Relax and unwind after check-in or take a leisurely stroll through this unique city. This evening, join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a sightseeing Welcome Reception cruise aboard a canal boat and enjoy a light meal with welcome drinks.Welcome Reception|
|Day 2||Amsterdam||Amsterdam Sightseeing: Amsterdam is a fascinating city which boasts art, architecture, canals, museums, bicycles and charming side streets. Start your day with an orientation drive of the historic city centre. Admire Rembrandt's masterpiece 'The Night Watch' during your Small Group Sightseeing tour of the Rijksmuseum. Visit a historic diamond polishing factory for a Cultural Insight into the traditions of cutting and preparing diamonds for export.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Rotterdam||Amsterdam - Aalsmeer/Keukenhof - The Hague - Delft - Rotterdam: An early start takes you to Aalsmeer to visit the flower auction. Alternatively during the flowering season (March until mid-May), an included visit to the tulip fields of Keukenhof is sure to dazzle, with several million flowering bulbs planted across a 70-acre site. This afternoon, travel through The Hague to the town of Delft and visit the Royal Delft Pottery workshop for a Cultural Insight into the manufacturing of this hand painted porcelain. Continue to Rotterdam, where you'll be treated to two Cultural Insight experiences. First enjoy an included Spido boat cruise along the most important river port in Europe. After this take a trip up the Euromast tower for sweeping views of the city. Stay this evening aboard the SS Rotterdam.Buffet Breakfast|
SS Rotterdam Authentic Accommodation
|Day 4||OOSTERBEEK||Rotterdam - Groesbeek - Arnhem - Oosterbeek: After breakfast continue your journey to Groesbeek and visit the National Liberation museum. Once the site of part of Operation Market Garden in 1944, the museum now commemorates Holland's occupation and liberation during World War II. Next, make your way to Arnhem to see John Frost Bridge, named after the commander of the British forces that held the bridge for four days with a mere 750 soldiers during the Battle of Arnhem in World War II. This afternoon you will also visit the Hoge Veluwe Park and the Kroller-Muller Museum which houses some of Van Gogh's most famous works before arriving at your hotel.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||Groningen||Oosterbeek - Apeldoorn - Staphorst - Groningen: This morning you will arrive in Apeldoorn and visit the 17th century Het Loo Palace with its enchanting formal gardens. Visit the town of Staphorst, whose inhabitants are famous for their traditional dress, en route to Groningen. This evening, join your companions for a memorable Be My Guest dinner of delicious Dutch specialities.Buffet Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining|
|Day 6||Amsterdam||Groningen - Volendam - Amsterdam: Groningen has been named the world's best city for cycling and what better way to enjoy this Cultural Insight than a guided bicycle tour of the city? After seeing the sights about town, enjoy a scenic drive through the spectacular Frisian Lake District. Continue along the Afsluitdijk to Volendam where you gain a Cultural Insight into the making of wooden clogs and Dutch cheese. Celebrate with your fellow travellers at a Farewell Dinner before returning to Amsterdam.Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 7||Depart Amsterdam||Depart Amsterdam: This morning after breakfast, bid farewell to your travelling companions as your memorable holiday in The Netherlands comes to an end. Airport transfers are available. Conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- Keukenhof: Departures 09 April, 16 April, 23 April, 30 April, 07 May and 14 May 2017 will include tickets to the magnificent Keukenhof tulip fields.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class