Brochure Type: Europe & Britain First Class 2017
See Switzerland's cities and countryside by rail, along the Golden Pass Route to the heart of the Alps and the medieval city of Lucerne to pay homage to the Swiss Guard. Your highlight - boarding the Glacier Express, a spectacular train journey snaking high above Alpine lakes and glaciers en route to the resort town of Zermatt and the Matterhorn.
- Orientation of Zurich, St. Moritz, Zermatt, Geneva and Lucerne
- View the Matterhorn and Jungfrau mountains (weather permitting), the Jet d'Eau in Geneva, the Lion Monument and Chapel Bridge in Lucerne
- Visit Interlaken
- 7 hot buffet breakfasts
- 3 dinners
- 1 lunch
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- High-speed train from Zermatt to Geneva.
- All rail service is reserved in standard class.
- Golden Pass route train journey from Geneva to Lucerne.
- Glacier Express Train from St. Moritz to Zermatt.
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (317) 736-0528 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13153184
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2017
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Zurich||Arrive Zurich: Welcome to Zurich in the heart of Switzerland. Admire Switzerland's financial capital during your orientation of the city. Join your Travel Director and fellow travellers this evening for a Welcome Reception.Welcome Reception|
|Day 2||St. Moritz||Zurich - St. Moritz: Your journey by train via Chur to St. Moritz takes you past snow-capped mountains and sparkling lakes. The scenery is incredible. Dine tonight at your hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
Baren Authentic Accommodation
|Day 3||Zermatt||St. Moritz - Glacier Express - Zermatt (2 Nights): All aboard one of the most spectacular train journeys in the world - the immensely comfortable air-cushioned and air-conditioned Glacier Express. An 8-hour railway journey takes you over 291 bridges, through 91 tunnels and across the Oberalp Pass at 2,033 metres above sea level. Enjoy an included lunch on board as you marvel at magnificent alpine lakes and pristine glaciers en route to the unique resort of Zermatt, dominated by the Matterhorn. Walk a short distance to your charming hotel. Afterwards explore the nightlife in this lively year-round resort.Buffet Breakfast, Lunch|
|Day 4||Zermatt||Zermatt Orientation: Your Travel Director takes you for an orientation walk of this charming car-free resort. Relax afterwards in the clean mountain air, shop for souvenirs or perhaps take a cable-car ride for more stunning views of the alpine landscapes.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||Geneva||Zermatt - Geneva Orientation: Your high-speed train journey takes you to Geneva, the capital of the Suisse Romande (French-speaking Switzerland) where many organisations including the International Red Cross are based. Admire the sights during your orientation including the Old Town, the Flower Clock and the Jet d'Eau. Later you may wish to dine on delicious Swiss specialities at a restaurant overlooking Europe's highest mountain Mont Blanc.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 6||Lucerne||Geneva - Interlaken - Lucerne (2 Nights): The stunning scenery continues as you travel from Geneva along the Golden Pass route. Stop at Interlaken in the heart of the Swiss Alps between the glassy lakes of Thun and Brienz, at the foot of the famous peaks the Eiger and Jungfrau. Spend time relaxing and enjoy superb views of the peaks of the Bernese Oberland, so beloved of Queen Victoria who often stayed at Interlaken. Reboard your train and follow the Brunig Pass to Lucerne in central Switzerland, your home for the next two nights. This evening why not learn to yodel at an optional fun-packed Swiss folklore show.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 7||Lucerne||Lucerne Orientation: Your orientation walk through the medieval city of Lucerne is fascinating. Visit the poignant Lion Monument built in memory of Louis XVI's Swiss Guard. View the covered wooden Chapel Bridge spanning the River Reuss and the decorated wooden panels, which chronicle the history of Lucerne. Later consider an Optional Experience to a nearby mountain peak, or explore the old city and shop for Swiss watches and delicious Swiss chocolates. Tonight celebrate with your companions and your Travel Director at a Farewell Dinner with wine in a local restaurant.Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 8||Depart Zurich||Lucerne - Depart Zurich: Say goodbye to Switzerland and your newfound friends at the end of your remarkable Swiss holiday. Your Travel Director will give you tickets for the short train journey from Lucerne to Zurich Airport, which can be used at your convenience for the onward journey.Buffet Breakfast|
- Shared Rooming: Room Share is not available on this trip.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class