Brochure Type: Preview 2018 USA
The perfect 'antipasti' of Italy's glamorous capitals, from the elegance of Florence to Rome's open-air museum. Explore the Vatican Museums without the crowds, journey through striking Tuscan landscapes and cruise along the canals of Venice, visiting its famous Bridge of Sighs and St. Mark's Square. You'll also encounter the Renaissance highlights of Florence and Leaning Tower of Pisa.
- City tour in Rome and Florence
- Cruise by private launch to St. Mark's Square in Venice
- Orientation of Venice
- View the ancient sites of Rome, the Byzantine St. Mark's Basilica, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, Santa Croce Basilica and the Duomo in Florence
- Visit St. Peter's Basilica, the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and the Roman Colosseum
- 6 hot buffet breakfasts
- 4 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (317) 736-0528 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13495409
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2017
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Arrive Rome (2 Nights): Welcome to Rome, the Eternal City. Relax after your journey or take a leisurely stroll through the ancient streets. This evening join your Travel Director and travelling companions for a Welcome Reception. Then, an orientation drive will give you a perfect introduction to the sights which await you.Welcome Reception|
|Day 2||Rome||Rome Sightseeing: Your included sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist begins at the Vatican Museums which display works from the immense collection built up by Popes through the centuries. Trafalgar has priority early access as an official partner of the Vatican Museums allowing entry before other Tour Operators and the general public. Admire Michelangelo's magnificent frescoed ceiling in the Sistine Chapel when it is less crowded and more peaceful. Later visit St. Peter's Basilica, the greatest church in Christendom, to see the famous Pietà. Your tour continues in ancient Rome. Visit inside the impressive Colosseum. View the ancient sites of Rome and see the Circus Maximus, where chariot races were once held. There's time afterwards to explore the city on your own. People-watch on the Spanish steps with a 'gelato', stroll down the Via Condotti for some retail therapy, or throw a coin into the Trevi Fountain to secure your return to Rome.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Venice||Rome - Venice: This morning follow the valley of the River Tiber north into Umbria and pass the picturesque hilltop towns of Orte and Orvieto. Travel through Tuscan landscapes with terraced olive groves and over the Apennine Mountains. Cross the Veneto plains before arriving at your hotel for dinner.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner with wine|
Novotel Venezia Mestre Castellana
|Day 4||Verona||Venice Orientation - Verona: Savour the unique sights and sounds of Venice, with its 117 islands separated by canals and linked by bridges, as you cruise by private launch to visit some of the attractions of this unique city. Enjoy a Cultural Insight into the centuries-old Venetian tradition of glass making before seeing the sights including the Bridge of Sighs, St. Mark's Square, St. Mark's Basilica and the ornate Doge's Palace, the former residence of the Doge of Venice, the supreme authority of the Republic of Venice. Later travel to Verona, home of Shakespeare's ill-fated Romeo and Juliet, before checking into your hotel.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||Florence||Verona - Pisa - Florence: Leave Verona this morning and travel to Pisa. View the extraordinary Leaning Tower and UNESCO World Heritage Site of Piazza del Duomo before arriving in Florence, the birthplace of the Renaissance and home to the famous Medici dynasty who ruled the city during its golden age. Tonight enjoy a Be My Guest dinner in the Chianti countryside.Buffet Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining|
Grand Hotel Mediterraneo
|Day 6||Rome||Florence - Rome: In Florence the city's rich medieval and Renaissance history is brought to life by your Local Specialist. Visit Piazza della Signoria with its impressive sculptures and imposing palazzi. View the multi-coloured marble Duomo and the famous Baptistery with its bronze doors. View the Ponte Vecchio, a spectacular feat of engineering dating from the Middle Ages and today lined with jewellers, art dealers and souvenir shops. Later travel through Umbria, with its olive and cypress trees until you reach the valley of the Tiber River, which leads you back to Rome. Tonight celebrate the end of your holiday with your companions at a Farewell Dinner.Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
Sheraton Parco De Medici
|Day 7||Depart Rome||Depart Rome: After breakfast say 'arrivederci' to Rome and your travelling companions as you return home with wonderful memories of Italy. Transfers are available. Conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- Conditions and restrictions apply, visit www.trafalgar.com/previewconditions for details.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class