Sunny beaches, beautiful islands, ruins from some of Europe's oldest civilizations, plenty of fun, and much more await you on this marvelous escorted tour of Greece and Greek Island cruise.Your tour starts and ends in Athens and includes guided sightseeing with an expert Local Guide. Among the sights you will see, you'll visit the Acropolis, located on a rocky promontory and dating to the 5th century BC. Then enjoy the highlight of your vacation, a 4-night cruise on the Aegean Sea cruising to some of the world's most beautiful islands. Visit Mykonos, Greece's most famous cosmopolitan island with its seafront village, sandy beaches, and whitewashed houses. Wander through the picturesque alleys and narrow streets; take photos of the windmills that overlook the embankment; relax at a waterfront cafe; and watch for the official mascot of Mykonos, a pelican. In Kusadasi, on the Turkish coast, enjoy the white-sand beaches and shopping in the covered bazaar, or perhaps join an optional excursion to ancient Ephesus, with its fascinating Greek, Roman, and Byzantine excavations. You'll also cruise to Heraklion, Crete's capital nestled picturesquely between two mountain ranges with archaeological treasures and beautiful scenery; Rhodes, with one of Europe's largest medieval towns; and Patmos, where St. John the Divine wrote the Revelation. In Santorini (weather permitting), still an active volcano offering one of the world's most breathtaking panoramas, you'll see bright white buildings and cliffs rising from the Aegean Sea-one of Greece's most beautiful spots.When not on an island, enjoy the ship's many amenities. Sunbathe, sip a cool drink, splash in the pool, and relax. The Greek Islands are calling you, and now is your chance to experience their beauty and fascinating histories. Stunning scenery, ancient monuments, and the chance to immerse yourself in the beautiful Greek Islands?this guided tour of Greece with a 4-night Greek cruise is a dream vacation!
Call (317) 736-0528 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13995683
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2018
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Athens||Welcome to Athens! At 6 pm, meet your Globus Host and traveling companions for a welcome drink.|
|Day 2||Athens||Sightseeing with a Local Guide features a visit to the world-famous ACROPOLIS, perched high on a rocky outcrop overlooking the city. Here, see the Parthenon, the Erechtheum with its Porch of Maidens, the Temple of Athena Nike, and enjoy a panoramic view that includes glimpses of the Temple of Olympian Zeus, Theater of Dionysus, and the beautifully preserved Theseum, where Socrates taught. Later, a city orientation tour features the Old Parliament House and a picture stop at the Panathenaic Stadium. Built in the 2nd century AD, it is the only stadium in the world built entirely of marble, and was host to the opening and closing ceremonies of the first modern Olympics in 1896. The rest of the day is at leisure. How about a Greek dinner tonight? Your local host knows where to find local fare and entertainment reminiscent of Zorba the Greek. (B)|
|Day 3||Mykonos||This morning, head for Lavrion/Piraeus, where you will sail into the deep-blue waters of the Aegean Sea, easily settling into the cruising routine of sunbathing, sipping cool drinks, splashing in the pool, and reveling in the delights prepared by the ship's expert chefs. Later, dock at the mountainous island of Mykonos with its characteristic windmills and dazzling white houses. Time to wander at whim through narrow paved streets lined with trendy boutiques and shady tavernas before returning on board. (B,L,D)|
|Day 4||Patmos||Two ports of call today. First, Kusadasi on the Turkish coast. Visit the fascinating Greek, Roman, and Byzantine excavations of EPHESUS. Next, discover the tiny Greek island of Patmos, and join an optional excursion to see the Grotto of the Apocalypse. (B,L,D)|
|Day 5||Cruising: Rhodes||All day is dedicated to the island of Rhodes. Explore the sites in the historic Old City with its ramparts and palaces built by the Knights of St. John during the Crusades. Visit Lindos with Athena's temple. And if sightseeing is not your thing, Rhodes' sun-drenched public beaches and colorful shopping districts are within easy walking distance of the port. Sail from Rhodes around dinnertime. (B,L,D)|
|Day 6||Santorini||First port of call today is Heraklion on Crete. A few miles away is KNOSSOS, the center of the 3000 BC Minoan civilization. Afternoon call (weather permitting) at Santorini, the 'Black Pearl of the Aegean.' Join one of the optional shore excursions either to the volcano or up to the cliff-top village of Oia for one of the world's most breathtaking panoramas. (B,L,D)|
|Day 7||Athens||After breakfast on board, disembark at Lavrion/Piraeus and return to Athens. The remainder of the day is free to catch up on last-minute shopping. Enjoy an optional dinner at a local restaurant. (B)|
|Day 8||Athens||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
The prices are per person in category ID twin inside cabin.Port Taxes $176 & Gratuities $40 to service personnel on board the ship are additional and mandatory. These fees will be added to your Vacation Estimate.Supplement per person to outside cabin XD: $230Supplement for single room on land and single occupancy:in inside cabin ID: $535; in outside cabin XD: $868Reduction for triple room on land and triple occupancy:in inside cabin ID: $96No reduction for triple room on land and triple occupancy in outside cabin XD.Cabin assignments and meal seatings are determined during the tour prior to boarding.Extra nights per person in Athens:in single room $152, in twin $91, in triple $73
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).